Title: Cloud Engineer
A high performance, scalable cloud is the future of hosted services. The next several years will see one of the largest evolutions in the IT/hosted services market. Our goal at Total Server Solutions is to always be ahead of trends. We prefer to act, rather than react. Our newly released high performance cloud platform boasts industry leading features and the highest guaranteed levels of performance.
We always strive to provide the most feature-rich services that are easy to use, always available, and fast. Great people are the keys to the long term success of our operation. If you want to be part of a tight-knit, expert team that’s at the forefront of powering the internet now and well into the future, Total Server Solutions would like to hear from you.
Our new Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the design, planning, and successful implementation of new features of our cloud platform. The Cloud Engineer will work with technical team members to help troubleshoot unique issues for customers as well as interacting directly with the CTO to bring new ideas to fruition and improve protocols and practices. This position will take ownership of development and quality of service across the Total Server Solutions cloud platform to ensure it meets the highest standards for speed, security, and reliability.
- Leading in development, design, and implementation of service enhancements and solutions to support the Total Server Solutions cloud platform
- Collaboration with other areas of the company to find ways to leverage cloud technologies to improve processes and drive efficiency.
- Provide guidance and leadership to other teams within the company with regards to cloud deployment and best practices.
- Maintain, service, and ensure continued reliability and performance of cloud platform.
Desired Qualifications & Expertise:
- 3-5 years in designing and implementing and developing for cloud solutions.
- Experience with other public cloud platforms (Amazon, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in the hosted services space. (webhosting, datacenter operations, etc.)
- Familiar with OnApp, Open Stack, or VMWare
- Experience with WHMCS a plus.
- Hands on experience developing solutions with Cloud Orchestration Tools (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, etc.)
- Strong Scripting Skills (Python, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Hands on experience designing and implementing solutions leveraging multiple services within public cloud providers.
- Strong Knowledge of IP networking concepts including VPC’s, VPN’s, VRF, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls.
- Understanding of SOA & REST.
- Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions.
- Focus on customer service and figuring out customer needs proactively.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills based on data and results.
- Active focus on improving processes and practices. Being satisfied is never enough, there is always room for incremental improvement (kaizen)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Salaries.
- Medical Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Educational Reimbursement.
- Employee Activities.
- Paid Parking.
Total Server Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.