Total Server Solutions is a class-leading provider of high performance infrastructure and enterprise solutions. We are currently seeking outstanding candidates to work as part of our Atlanta based development team. We have an opening for a Cloud Operations Developer to work with a team to rapidly develop and deploy microservice applications. The ideal candidate should have experience with configuration management, an understanding of current coding architecture, and be able to translate high-level requirements into a working product. Total Server Solutions places a high value on candidates who possess initiative, work well within a team environment, and handle pressure with grace. Importantly, candidates need to demonstrate an ability to ship code rapidly, meet deadlines, and manage time effectively.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working as part of our development team to help build PAAS products, as well as working to enhance the fitness of our internal systems and APIs. Your primary role would be a full stack developer. However, we are interested in someone who doesn’t mind wearing a DevOps hat when necessary to bring together internal components for Continuous Integration / development pipeline maintenance, or for configuration management purposes both internally, and for customer-facing services.
- Collaborate with a project manager and other developers to define and implement solutions for applications.
- Present and defend solutions and milestones to peers.
- Act as “go to” with firm knowledge of best practices and industry standards.
- Initiate, suggest, and take charge of major sections of new and existing projects.
- Conduct research and evaluate user feedback.
- Maintain deployed applications and perform periodic code audits.
- Work to improve performance and security of any internally developed systems.
- Work with staff and customers to better understand how our applications can be improved.
- Experience working on an agile / RAD team.
- Experience with popular design patterns specifically MVC.
- Business-driven project mentality to meet deadlines and produce code.
- Experience with configuration management.
- Experience working in a linux environment.
Software / Programming Languages
- PHP 7
Additional Experience (not required, but a huge plus)
- Computer Science degree
- Programming Languages
- Software Packages
- Mesos / Kubernetes / Terraform / etc.
- Saltstack / Ansible / Puppet / Chef / etc.
- Confluence / JIRA
- Amazon Web Services
*This position is available within Atlanta only. Telecommuting is NOT possible with this position and relocation assistance is not available.
If you have what it takes, please send a resume to email@example.com with the subject set to “Cloud Operations Developer.”
If you have what it takes, please send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading of “Cloud Operations Developer.” That is the ONLY way we will see your resume with regards to this career post.