Total Server Solutions has immediate openings for experienced Linux administrators at our Buckhead Atlanta headquarters. If you have no idea what Linux is, how a network works, or if you have never heard of MySQL, stop right here, this isn’t for you. On the other hand, if you know *nix like the back of your hand, get a kick out of solving difficult problems, and want to be part of one of the best teams in the world, by all means, continue reading.
Total Server Solutions is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, knowledgeable Linux/UNIX systems administrator to round our tech team. If you have years of experience managing large Internet based application clusters, heroic organizational skills, and revel in diagnosing and fixing problems, you’ll be a great fit. As one of our Linux/UNIX system admins, you will be responsible for working out solutions to complex problems that our customers may encounter during their daily operations. Great problem solving skills are a must. As a growing, globally oriented company, we offer a relaxed work environment and great benefits. We look forward to hearing from you!
Linux Systems Administrator – Linux Engineer Permanent
$35k-$40k / yearly
- 3+ years of supporting Linux Servers in a production environment; CentOS or Redhat variants.
- Motivation and ability to quickly learn and adapt.
- Prior experience within a critical production environment.
- Solid knowledge of LAMP Architectures (Perl/PHP/Python).
- Knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, and other RPM based distributions.
- Experience with replication, clustering, tuning, sizing, monitoring including operating systems for running the LAMP stack.
- Experience in Shell Scripting (bash preferable).
- Experience with Splunk, Zabbix or other system/device monitoring & logging tools.
- Knowledge of Backup/Recovery/Upgrade procedures.
- Experience working in 24/7 operational environments.
- Expectation to be challenged.
- High degree of independence and exceptional work ethic with exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with control panel technologies including cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin.
- Must be located, or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA area.
Not Required but a huge plus:
- Experience with management tools such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with automated system deployment tools and building pxe/kickstart/etc deployment scripts.
- Bilingual. (Spanish a plus)
- Experience with load balancing technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Linux server maintenance, monitoring, security hardening, performance review
- Managing MySQL database operations and all things database related.
- Researching new platform architectures to support business requirements.
- interact with customer and provide technical support via our helpdesk and live chat
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Salaries.
- Medical Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Educational Reimbursement.
- Employee Activities.
- Paid Parking.
So, if you are a Linux System Engineer, Linux System Administrator or Linux Engineer with experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org today! When contacting Total Server Solutions, please state your salary and any other compensation expectations.
Total Server Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.